Star-K Kosher Certification:Kosher Certified, FDA:GRN 966
Targets Campylobacter spp., and Campylobacter jejuni in foods and food processing facilities.
Phage Preparation Effective Against Campylobacter spp.
CampyShield™ is an all-natural, non-chemical antimicrobial preparation for controlling the foodborne/waterborne bacterial pathogen Campylobacter. The active ingredients of CampyShield™ are naturally occurring lytic bacteriophages that selectively and specifically kill Campylobacter spp., and Campylobacter jejuni in particular.
CampyShield™ is specifically designed for treating foods that are at high risk for Campylobacter contamination, such as raw red meat (including whole carcasses, primals, subprimals, cuts, trimmings, and organs) and raw poultry.
CampyShield™ is the choice for eliminating or significantly reducing contamination of food with Campylobacter because it:
- Is GRAS for direct application onto raw red meat (including whole carcasses, primals, subprimals, cuts, trimmings, and organs) and raw poultry (GRN No. 000966)
- Requires no labeling ("clean label")
- Is certified Kosher
- Does not contain preservatives
- Is cost effective and cost competitive
- Is effective under a wide range of food storage conditions (e.g., 2°C-42°C)
- Is all natural and not genetically modified (non-GM)
- Does not alter food flavor, aroma, or nutritional value