Phage Preparation Effective Against Listeria monocytogenes
ListShield™ is an all-natural, non-chemical antimicrobial preparation for controlling the foodborne bacterial
pathogen Listeria monocytogenes. The active ingredients of ListShield™ are naturally occurring
bacteriophages that selectively and specifically kill L. monocytogenes. ListShield™ is specifically designed
for treating foods that are high risk for L. monocytogenes contamination. It can also be used to eliminate or
significantly reduce the levels of L. monocytogenes on non-food contact equipment, surfaces, etc. in food
processing plants and other food establishments. ListShield™ is ideal for use in HACCP programs that have
identified L. monocytogenes control as a potential problem.
ListShield™ received a "Best of What's New" award in 2006 from Popular Science magazine.
ListShield™ is the choice for eliminating or
significantly reducing contamination of food with L.
monocytogenes because it:
- Complies with FDA food additive regulations, for direct application to meat and poultry products that meet the ready-to-eat definition (21 CFR § 172.785).
- Is FSIS-listed as safe and suitable for use as processing aid with no labeling requirements when applied to various ready-to-eat meat and poultry products (FSIS Directive 7120.1).
- Is GRAS for direct application to fish and shellfish (including smoked varieties; e.g., smoked salmon), fresh and processed fruits, fresh and processed vegetables, and dairy products (including cheese) (GRN No. 528).
- Is Health Canada approved for use on ready-to-eat meat and poultry, smoked salmon, fresh-cutapples, and long leaf lettuce (iLONO).
- Is National Food Service of Israel approved as a food processing aid for the treatment of ready-to-eat meat and poultry products (Ref: 70275202).
- Is certified both Kosher and Halal.
- Is OMRI listed ("organic").
- Does not contain preservatives
- Is cost effective and cost competitive
- Is effective under a wide range of food storage conditions (e.g. 2°C-42°C)
- Is all natural, non-GM (genetically-modified)
- Does not alter food flavor, aroma, or nutritional value
For product inquires or to place an order, email Intralytix at email@example.com or call 1-877-ITXPHAGE (489-7424) and select option 1.