Phage Preparation Effective Against
ListShield™ (formerly LMP-102) is a non-chemical antimicrobial preparation for controlling the foodborne bacterial pathogen Listeria monocytogenes.
The active ingredients of ListShield™ are naturally occurring lytic bacteriophages that selectively and specifically kill
L. monocytogenes. ListShield™ is specifically designed for treating foods that are high risk for L. monocytogenes contamination. It can also be used to eliminate or significantly reduce the levels of L. monocytogenes on non-food contact equipment, surfaces, etc. in food processing plants and other food establishments. ListShield™ is ideal for use in HACCP programs that have identified L. monocytogenes control as a potential problem.
ListShield™ is FDA- and USDA-approved for direct application
(21 CFR § 172.785.) It is also EPA-approved for
application on surfaces in food facilities and other
establishments (EPA registration #74234-1.) ListShield™ received
a “Best of What’s New” award in 2006 from Popular Science
ListShield™ is the choice for eliminating or
significantly reducing contamination of food with L.
monocytogenes because it:
- Complies with FDA food additive regulations, for direct application to meat and poultry products that meet the ready-to-eat definition (21 CFR § 172.785).
- Is EPA-registered for application on various non-food contact equipment, surfaces, etc. in food processing plants and other food establishments (EPA Registration #74234-1).
- Can be used to treat smoked salmon prior to slicing under self-determined GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) status.
- Is effective under a wide range of food storage conditions
- Is all natural, non-GM (genetically-modified)
- Does not contain preservatives
- Does not alter food flavor, aroma, or nutritional value
- Is certified Kosher and Halal.
- Is OMRI-listed (approved for organic use in the USA).
- Is cost effective and cost competitive
ListShield™ is a Star K-certified kosher, IFANCA-certified halal, and OMRI listed organic product
Made in the USA